Bonsor 55+ Snooker Group
We are a very organized and congenial group, and welcome all levels of play, including beginners. The Snooker Group is very active, competing locally at all levels, with some success. We have an annual tournament with the West Vancouver Seniors Center, with a trophy to the winning team for the year. This is a highlight of our many events, with a luncheon, and great camaraderie. Our house league is very popular, thanks to the city of Burnaby giving us expanded hours to now play. This year for our annual trophy presentations and wind-up luncheon we had a sumptuous banquet at the Neptune Restaurant in Metrotowne, Ladies are welcome to join to learn how to play, or compete with some of the best female snooker players in the province. For more information, contact the Bonsor 55+ Society or the city of Burnaby at 604-297-4580.
- September to March - Lower Mainland Snooker League for A and B teams
- October end - Challenge Match against West Vancouver Seniors Snooker Club at West Vancouver for the Mary Horton Trophy
- November - 9 Ball Tournament
- December - Annual Christmas Luncheon
- January 2020 - 8 Ball Tournament
- January to May 2020 - Ladder Competition
- February 2020 - Billiards Tournament
- April 2020 - LMSSL Tournaments after completion of the League Matches
- April 2020 - Double Knockout Snooker Tournament
- April 2020 - Hosting West Van Senior Snooker Club for Challenge Match for the Mary Horton Trophy
- May to August 2020 - The 9th Edition of the House League
Bonsor Senior Social Dances
The Bonsor Senior Dances are held every Tuesday 12:00-3:00pm and Thursday 7:30-10:30pm. We charge $5 for members and $7 for non-members. A simple snack of cookies, fruits or vegetables coffee/ tea is served by our helpful volunteers.
Live music is provided by three different bands of versatile musicians. Occasionally we hold theme dances e.g. Hawaiian, Halloween whereby dancers dress up if they so desire and prizes are given out to spot dances.
We hope with further advertisements more dancers will come and have a good time.
Open Art Group
The Bonsor 55+ Society Open Art Group gets together every Tuesday afternoon to create beautiful artwork and have fun. Work by our group is displayed in the senior’s lounge and upper floor hallway and is changed regularly much to the delight of the members of the Society. We feature an “artist of the month”, and exchange creative ideas, along with a cup of tea or coffee and maybe a biscuit or two.
We have the pleasure of participating in the annual Mulberry Art Walk taking place in late summer. Attendance at this event is great, with lots of artists displaying many different kinds of crafts and skill. There are delectable goodies and live music provided by the Mulberry, a major sponsor of our Health Alert program. Altogether a delightful event.
Come and join us, and hone your artistic skills along with a good dose of camaraderie and fun.
Page 5 of 5